I’m a bit late here on this post but I couldn’t skip this week. Especially since I have some BIG updates to show you.
MY OFFICE BUILT INS ARE TAKING SHAPE.
Over the weekend, I spent probably 12 hours assembling, disassembling, reassembling, and troubleshooting my base cabinets for my built-in desk, making sure each cabinet carcass and each drawer were perfect.
Every step of this journey, I just keep saying “I can’t believe I made this,” because up until this weekend it was suspiciously smooth sailing.
Even this weekend, it was still mostly fine, I just had to take some pieces apart and tweak them slightly. 99% of my pieces were square but one of my drawers was off, so I had to create a small shim for the drawer track. And just like that, problem solved.
This week, I hope to build the drawer fronts, the doors, and maybe start the bookcase shelving that will go on top of the desk. I also need to pick some hardware and I’m trying to bid on a few vintage eBay rugs to put in front of the desk.
And without further ado…
Here are some photos of the cabinets, dry fit in their positions in the office:
I can’t wait to button up some loose ends and get these finished. Remember: I am keeping these raw birch, and just waxing the outside of them to protect them.
I AM SO EXCITED.
See you next week! Or technically later this week!